Transmission Head Snap/****

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get it all the time. hate it.

still trying to recreate it reliablely enough that I can write down a method and have the service techs reproduce it. i know if i list it on my todo list, it'll end up as "not reproduceable."

jager24

Reaction score
I took my LR3 in for service last week and asked them again about this problem. To my suprise, they said that they had been performing a reset to the transmission to re-learn everything. They also take the car up to 60 mph and coast to 0 mph and repeat that 5 times.

Sounds strange to me but one week later and I have not had the **** since I picked the car up.

Dealer is in Scottsdale AZ.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm taking my 2005 LR3 HSE in for its 22500 service next week and it STILL does this just about every day.

Is this still an issue for people or has it been resolved by a new software update?

I'm trying to figure the best way to state the problem in hopes of getting it fixed...if there is a fix.

Thanks!

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It still happens to me (yes, even with those fabulous software changes)... but very few times, probably because I've adjusted my driving behavior.

I guess you can do what jager24 did... our service department did the same.

H

Houm_WA

jager, any return of the jerky behavior since your last post?

todd, I too have changed my driving behavior, but the lurch is still there.

jager24

Reaction score
Houm_WA said:
jager, any return of the jerky behavior since your last post?

todd, I too have changed my driving behavior, but the lurch is still there.
The **** came back for me after about a month but not as bad. My LR3 has been in the body shop for 2 months after being hit and I just got it back today. I spoke to the shop manager and he told me about the major software upgrade that is being reported here. It does not have a fix for this but he said that they are working on it and it should be out soon. He can't wait.

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 28k miles and it happens everyday. Asked dealer about it and they thought the timing was off due to using 89 octane gas versus 91 as called for. Even changing to 91 doesn't help. It really sucks....

H

Houm_WA

Hmm...I can control it pretty well, now. What I mean is, I can anticipate what level of rolling stop will trigger it. If I come to a no-$hit full stop it doesn't happen. If I come to an exaggerated roll, more like a yield...it doesn't happen. ...but if it is a quick-stop like at a 4-way stop sign at the bottom of a slight hill with no one around, sure-as-$hit it's going to lurch and I know it. I'll be like "$hit, I didn't stop enough" and SNAP it jerks.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jimbiram said:
I have 28k miles and it happens everyday. Asked dealer about it and they thought the timing was off due to using 89 octane gas versus 91 as called for. Even changing to 91 doesn't help. It really sucks....

....yeah, I hate that kind of "help" from the dealer. This is a known problem that someone else must have commented on, if not they have seen it themselves...but their advice is that its probably YOUR fault for not using the recommended fuel grade. What BS.

Thanks for the update. I guess I'll still report it on my 22.5 checkup to get it in their system and wait for the software update that hopefully fixes this.

-todd

J

jefferys

My 2005 HSE has been doing this since day one. Software update about 6 months ago seemed to help for a while but it is back worse than ever. Hope the new updates help.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635