tranny shifting rough

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

simjet22

Reaction score
good day folks! a day ago i got a check engine light pop up on and reduced performance in the display. I shut it off and restarted it, and the check engine went away and never returned. so i had it check out by my local mechanic "with LR experience". he scanned the truck and came up with a code for one of the cam sensors going bad. i have an appt. with LR to get it repaired this week. i know he cleared the code and since that my tranny had been shifting hard and i really feel the downshifts now. also the truck had a lag when i step on it, its not responsive as it was before. does the transmission needs reprogramming?

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's possible it could have reset the transmission computer and it needs to "re-learn" your driving habits again. This is common with quite a few automatic vehicles. If it persists for a long period of time, get it checked out.

simjet22

Reaction score
It's possible it could have reset the transmission computer and it needs to "re-learn" your driving habits again. This is common with quite a few automatic vehicles. If it persists for a long period of time, get it checked out.

Thanks for the reply. Typically, how long is the "re-learn" period?

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How can you force it to learn again ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks good to know UM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simjet22

Reaction score
You need to reset transmission "adaptions" via diagnostics (a battery reset won't do it.)

Thanks for your help, im new to the forum. Now my next question is what's the best diagnostic tool to buy for this vehicle?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Search the forum for "IIDTool". That's by no means the only aftermarket diagnostic tool available to the Land Rover enthusiast, but it is relatively inexpensive, very compact and cleverly easy to use. Among its many other features it can, of course, reset engine and transmission adaptions.

simjet22

Reaction score
Search the forum for "IIDTool". That's by no means the only aftermarket diagnostic tool available to the Land Rover enthusiast, but it is relatively inexpensive, very compact and cleverly easy to use. Among its many other features it can, of course, reset engine and transmission adaptions.

awesome! will do

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And best of all, IIDTool can override your EAS (Electronic Air Suspension) to give lift at any vehicle speed while offroading.

Highly recommend this device! +1

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635