Tire Advice...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need a little advice..
Looking for tires for my LR3 2005...
I do not do any off road and very little highway. With that what tire would you all recommend that does not break the bank...

Thanks in advance

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oiiiiiiii. Really...

Please apply the SEARCH FUNCTION to your request. This has been covered a million times.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Find some take offs

As above, the search function is where to find the answers.

I note that you did not say if it was 18" or 19" rims and I assume summer type road conditions only. As such, as long as the tyres are XL rated, pretty much anything will be OK, particularly if they were take offs.

The current "summer" tyre that Land Rover is putting on as OEM is the Michelin Latitude Tour HP 111V XL. I noted a set of four 19" takeoffs on eBay awhile back for a thousand dollars.

trickblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Search high and low...

Many members here highly recommend Hankook tires...

Count me among them... really great bang for the buck...

I outfit all of my vehicles with Hankook tires now...

wynmac

Reaction score
I just bought Hankook Ventus' ; size 255 60 R 18. It's a highway tire. Good tread pattern and provides smooth, quiet ride. Price was $825 with install and lifetime rotation.

I kept the two decent Wrangler HP's as backup spares.

JC_18

Reaction score
re: Tires...how does the noise level improve?

Former Discovery owner way back in '98 - '01 and I don't remember the noise level being as crazy as on my "new" 2008 LR3. I see recommendations for Hankooks and/or Michelins, but can anyone tell me which might be quieter on the road? Just going 45mph is pretty damn loud on these Goodyear Wranglers, 18".

Thanks in advance!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90