Tie Rod end?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will this cause a slight vibration if the boot is torn?

Chongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tie rod ends

Will this cause a slight vibration if the boot is torn?

If just the boot is torn, this should not cause any play in the joint itself, however eventually, ( since the boot is torn ), the joint will wear rapidly due to dirt and contaminants entering into the joint.

Can you describe the vibration ? does it affect the steering ?

Let us know……….. Chongo :bandit:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Vibration is normally Tires, Wheels, or preload on the Swivels... can also be worn out steering stabilizer.

Vibration can also come from driveline issues.

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replys guys. This thread has been beat to death on these sites. New tires, new u-joints, new shocks and front steering damper. Just notice the tie rod end when changing the oil. I'll replace it when the weather breaks up here in Connecticut. Vibes come and go's from time to time. Usually from 25-55mph on side roads but usually good on the freeway. Not to the point where the wheel is shaking out of my hand. Thanks and happy new year.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If only on side roads, and at lower mileage.. I would bet on the panhard rod bushings...

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Joey and keep up the good work...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo