The "Land Rover" 4th Button on the FOB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently noticed that the 4th button can serve as several different things.
1) Turn on the headlights for a 30 seconds or so
2) The "Panic" feature
3) Apparently pop the trunk, as I somehow managed to do
4) Raise/Lower the car while the hazard lights on

My question is... anybody have an idea how the 4th button could be set-up to raise and lower the car without the hazards having to be on? Any ideas how to bypass the hazard light feature?

dropper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't had luck with that - would also love to hear if somone has found a workaround.

By the way, how'd you get the rear gate to pop?

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same discussion recently took place on Disco3.co.uk with the conclusion reached that there was no way to overcome the flashers requirement. I don't have my fob here, but I believe that the configurable one is really the third button and not the fourth. Your rear gate popping experience raises questions (if not tailgates), too. Unlock, yes. Pop, how and to what advantage if it won't then lift itself up?

trm2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think if you hold down lock/unlock in the car, it "pops" the tailgate so it can be opened from inside. It is an emergency escape measure. I guess the fob can do it too?

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have expected a manual release to allow opening with no power, like one of those trunk releases that glows in the dark in a Taurus, for emergency use.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell me you did not just compare an LR3 to a Taurus!

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad someone picked up on that. I just recently read a pan of someone who mentioned Explorer and LR3 in the same sentence - oops, now I did, too.
Considering that several new Jaguar grille openings look an awful lot like that of a Taurus, I think it was well past time that Ford sold off that storied marque. I still think "BMW engineering" when I see the current RR; though, maybe now I should imagine it speaking with a bit of an Indian accent?

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still have no idea how I programmed the trunk to pop. I didn't open, but it just popped it. Really annoying. Had to read thorough the manual how to fix it. One key would activate the lights normally, but the other key would pop the trunk. I fixed it though, I couldn't imagine who would want that feature in the first place. Because you still have to hit the handle to open it. Dumb if you ask me, maybe I found a glitch somehow.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was discussed when they first came out. Yeah, totally moronic. Now if the hatch actually popped open, that would be one thing. Like if your hands were full of groceries...I mean tow ropes and shackles, YEAH tow ropes and shackles...and BEER, it would be very handy. But totally pointless to have it half unlatch.

dropper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, darn - got my hopes up that the gate actually popped open somehow

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo