The annual 19 inch tire question! Whattya got? Whattya like?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a set of the Nokian WRg2 SUV tires. Their web site indicates a good all season tire and the tread pattern looks good. Does anybody have any experience with these tires on your LR3? I will post my impressions later this week once installed.

Thanks, I forgot about the Nokian. (doesn't come up on tirerack search). I'll have to check the availability in the states. Will be curious to hear how that compares to the ATR. Looks like it is a winter tire but I guess works as an all-around?!? (I know this has been discussed on other threads, I'll have to search)

By all reviews, it sounds like the Pirelli ATR will be my next tire if I can find them. (or the Nokians, above)

Last time I researched, I remember hearing that the Pirelli would wear faster than the Michelin. That may be true, but if I'm only losing 5K, it could still be worth a better performing tire IMO.

Great responses. Keep 'em coming!

buddaman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have michelin cross terrain. Over 30k and still another 20 to go been every where from mud ,rocks, sand amd crawling up hills. love em.

just switched to good year silent armour 275-65-18 The michelans started to fail after 35k

Attachments

• cleghorn2.jpg
    cleghorn2.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 407
Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what about snow and slush? My Michelins don't do so well in that...I have the Synchrones. I'm sure it's a different tread....I'm gonna go check 'em out.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what about snow and slush? My Michelins don't do so well in that...I have the Synchrones. I'm sure it's a different tread....I'm gonna go check 'em out.
The Michelin Latitudes are M+S rated, and did okay here last winter though several major Northeast storms. Nothing beats a proper set of snow tires, however.

buddaman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in so.cal so no problem with snow and slush.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Cross Terrains as well. I wouldn't rate them as much more than a fine hwy tire. They are a good deal better than the HPs in snow and slush but, comparing them to my Nokians, they still suck. I wish they would wear out at some point - want to get the Dynapros.
They probably have about 45k on them with 15 to go.

edit: I have 18" rims

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They probably have about 45k on them with 15 to go.

edit: I have 18" rims
You have the 18" rims?!?! Go away...stop bragging about the plethora of great tires you have to choose from! LOL :biggrin:
We have real problems to discuss here! :tongue:

shedward

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got rid of my original GY tires when they wore down and moved on to the 19" Michelin Synchrones. I liked them a lot better in terms of ride, but I didn't find them to be any better in sand or snow. The tires are still pretty smooth and even a little mud or snow will fill up the treads and you have yourself a set of slicks!

I'm looking for a good all around tire. I won't be changing tires out based on offroad trips.

So, I'd like something which isn't too loud on the road (a little more volume is fine) but has more grip off road.

Since last time I shopped for tires several more have come out so I thought I'd ask. There is another thread going on regarding the GY MT/Rs but the reviews don't sound promising for me;
http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4852

I'm at 92K now, so I've done pretty good for 2 sets of tires. I could probably take the current set closer to 100K, but I'd like to upgrade for summer beach driving.

I just bought a set of Pirelli Ice and Snow tires for my '08 LR3 SE w/ 19" rims - I LOVE THEM - I got them from Tire Rack and had them installed at my local LR dealership (Alexandria, VA).

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have the 18" rims?!?! Go away...stop bragging about the plethora of great tires you have to choose from! LOL :biggrin:
We have real problems to discuss here! :tongue:

Have you been able to find Pirelli ATR's in stock? just curious

shedward

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you been able to find Pirelli ATR's in stock? just curious

Negative - Tire Rack and other online retailers all said they were on backorder indefinitely. FYI - I have the 19" HSE rims on my SE.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99