Tail light dilemma

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeyoung

Reaction score
Anyone that can help please help....

I recently noticed that when I turned off my 04' Range Rover while washing it the parking lamps on one side were on due to accidentally activating the left turn handle. The other side would do the same. Well, From common mechanical knowledge there is usually a bulb out. The problem is that there is no bulb out, all are currently in good shape. What I did find out was that there are 3 bulbs in each of the tail light assemblies. The top bulb and bottom are both single filament bulbs 7506's, and the middle is a dual filament ( indicative of dual purpose).

What i found out was that there is a button next to the fog light button which is green on the cluster when activated and the other is yellow on the cluster when activated. The yellow turns on the bottom bulb in the back which illuminates the parking lamp even more than usual, and I assume that this is for fog like conditions since the range has poor lighting in the back while running.

Anyhow the bottom bulb is Single filament, and is not supposed to have any extra charge to illuminate it more, that would blow the bulb. The middle dual purpose, dual filament bulb has no dual purpose, I checked. I removed the tail light and tried to swap the two and found that the base did not accept either or. I called the dealer and asked about the tail light assembly and they told me that the middle bulb was the dual filament bulb and I asked then why is the bottom bulb acting as if it was the dual filament? I immediately thought that the assembly was the wrong one since I bought the truck used. But to my surprise the part numbers are correct. What the guy at the dealer told me was that sometimes the bulbs from Europe are different than the ones here in the States, and that could be it.

Just to add, the male end which is the harness and the female receptor on the tail light itself are one sided, which means you can not interchange left and right assemblies to check if they are backwards. So, this means that either the harness is wrong or the bulbs are not the correct numbers... Let me add that the bulb base shows a different set up so even if I could put a dual purpose bulb at the bottom and single filament in the middle the way the little metal strip inside is set up tells me that it will not be possible... PLEASE HELP ANYONE WHO KNOWS ABOUT THIS........
:confused::confused:

Urban Rovers

Reaction score
Anyone that can help please help....

I recently noticed that when I turned off my 04' Range Rover while washing it the parking lamps on one side were on due to accidentally activating the left turn handle. The other side would do the same. Well, From common mechanical knowledge there is usually a bulb out. The problem is that there is no bulb out, all are currently in good shape. What I did find out was that there are 3 bulbs in each of the tail light assemblies. The top bulb and bottom are both single filament bulbs 7506's, and the middle is a dual filament ( indicative of dual purpose).

What i found out was that there is a button next to the fog light button which is green on the cluster when activated and the other is yellow on the cluster when activated. The yellow turns on the bottom bulb in the back which illuminates the parking lamp even more than usual, and I assume that this is for fog like conditions since the range has poor lighting in the back while running.

Anyhow the bottom bulb is Single filament, and is not supposed to have any extra charge to illuminate it more, that would blow the bulb. The middle dual purpose, dual filament bulb has no dual purpose, I checked. I removed the tail light and tried to swap the two and found that the base did not accept either or. I called the dealer and asked about the tail light assembly and they told me that the middle bulb was the dual filament bulb and I asked then why is the bottom bulb acting as if it was the dual filament? I immediately thought that the assembly was the wrong one since I bought the truck used. But to my surprise the part numbers are correct. What the guy at the dealer told me was that sometimes the bulbs from Europe are different than the ones here in the States, and that could be it.

Just to add, the male end which is the harness and the female receptor on the tail light itself are one sided, which means you can not interchange left and right assemblies to check if they are backwards. So, this means that either the harness is wrong or the bulbs are not the correct numbers... Let me add that the bulb base shows a different set up so even if I could put a dual purpose bulb at the bottom and single filament in the middle the way the little metal strip inside is set up tells me that it will not be possible... PLEASE HELP ANYONE WHO KNOWS ABOUT THIS........
:confused::confused:

Can you take a photo?

joeyoung

Reaction score
I sure will take a photo.....If you have an answer that would be greatly appreciated. I will get back to you soon.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9