Stereo head unit shuts down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ANGLR4

Reaction score
2010 LR4 LUX
Has anyone had the following show up on the stereo screen:
"Shutting Down - Temperature Error"
Today I drove 93 miles down to Helena MT and about 1 hr and 20 mins in I got this message. After about 10 seconds the head unit powered down. I put my hand on the screen and it felt warm, but not hot. The outside temp (shouldn't really matter) was 6 degrees and the cabin temp was around 80 degrees. I had my iPhone plugged in and playing and wasn't cranking it up too much. After about 8 mins, the system powered back up, automatically. Then, about ten mins later it did the same thing, this time without the iPhone. Again it automatically powered back up.
When I got to my destination, the car sat for two hours. It was good and cold when I got in to head home. A couple of stops before I headed out and no problems. Then, about an hour and twenty mins back towards my house and it did it again. Same conditions with same results. It powered down twice after I got the "Shutting Down - Temperature Error" message and came back both times.
Now, I have had a couple of times when the head unit would come on when I start the car but no inputs could be obtained. After I shut the car off and walked about fifty feet away and came back to start the car again did it work properly. This situation has happened three to four times in the past. Today's issue in brand new.
Any ideas?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112