Steering colum U-Joint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mhaise57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have just realized the U -Joint on my steering column is starting to fail on my. Has anyone had the pleasure of replacing and if so where might I be able to get a part number. Thanks

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how does one determine a U-Joint failure ( or is this a bozo question?)

Mhaise57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started having hard spots in my steering. I started with the steering pump and then the rack and pinion and all seemed fine. So I worked my way up and sure enough the U joint on the steering assemply is starting to cease up. It has some play in it, but I coated it with Royal purple silicone spray and it started working fine. It has quite abit of rust on it so that has got to be making things worse. You having steering issues? I have a 2005 with 80,000. This and my thermostat have been my only problems so I am not really complaining. Just can't seem to find the part number or a place that I might be able to order it.

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my only issues were my sterring pump - could barely turn the steering wheel when the tires were not rolling . . .

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a TSB for the linkage. It is associated with the "clunking sound from front end" that many of us experience. Its by no means the only cost, but it's a very cheap repair and is what the dealers perform first.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo