Seriously???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL. But then again we all know what P T Barnum said. I see that someone offered $203. ;-) Maybe this guy knows that people are frustrated with the inability to get their hands on the ones that aren't in their region. So he bought one and then is hoping to sell it at a significant markup.

As of Saturday there were still 5 new LR4s at my dealership. But the repeatedly tell me they can sell to anyone outside the Denver area. A couple months ago they had 10. All black interiors. 5 Fuji White, 5 Santorini Black. One of the white ones is LUX, has HD, had some upgrades (full 3rd party roof rack and lights), was used for the Denver Auto Show and has been sitting on their showroom floor for about a week around $77K.

So, again, I'll bet this guys on eBay is trying to exploit the "only sell within region" rule of LR.

rovernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know in my industry (yachting) dealers are not allowed to advertise in "national" ads or websites, and I'd assume LRNA is the same. The ones online (there area actually only four now that I sort by year) are from all over the place so I'd be curious to see how the dealers are dealing with inquiries - if I were a dealer I'd be screaming bloody ****** (assuming I'm playing by the rules). All you need is some dealer with an aged piece of inventory that's costing them floor plan space/dollars to drop the price and throw off the market.

I am on the fence - keep looking for the perfect '13 or order a '15. I guess i need to drive the '14/'15 to see what I think of the SCV6 vs V8. There area a few '13's in white with HD that could swing me, but I really want Corris. Who knows, I'll sweat this so much I may end up with something totally different as technically i can wait until October, but could move now.....

magnumforc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The invoice shows $62,574 MSRP....doesn't he think that will sway the buyers to pay an inflated price? LOLOL

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's already been bid 4 grand over MSRP as of this posting. Who knows...

magnumforc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are all kinds of people out there. Maybe in short supply or maybe just fools? Hmmm

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4