Replacing engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gwhite

Reaction score
I have a '99 Disco II that i think is going to need a new engine.Have coolant mixing with the oil, possibly cracked head or block? Does anyone know good sources for used/reman engines? Also what does secondary air refer to?

gwhite

Reaction score
Mike, I live in Western Maryland about 2 hours south of Pittsburgh,PA.

chris02disco

Reaction score
I have a '99 Disco II that i think is going to need a new engine.Have coolant mixing with the oil, possibly cracked head or block? Does anyone know good sources for used/reman engines? Also what does secondary air refer to?

Could be blown headgasket. You might want to do a search and read up b4 replacing engine. My 02 cents.

gwhite

Reaction score
Thanks Chris, Did have my mechanic test and the head gasket is bad. Didn't know if this would let coolant mix with the oil.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You won't know for sure if it is just head gaskets or if you dropped a sleeve. Have someone pull the heads then decide what to do.
If you need an engine, get back to me and I'll get you a couple names to call.

rainandsun

Reaction score

where you at dude? there's a lot of Maryland good auto repair shops that you can look on automd.they also gonna help to estimate the cost for you to know in advance.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo