repair/service manuals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Im looking for manuals,dont know where to find them. Im doing brake rotors and need a little guidance because im not 100% familier with disco brake systems. Please help.:confused:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
What year disco?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Brakes are simple, rotors a PITA....

PM'g info on manual.

Reaction score
Thank you very much. Idk how hard it is Id rather do it myself and save $.That and I learn about my disco.

issacd

Reaction score
eBay

I purchased an inexpensive CD-ROM based service manual on eBay ($5 or so.) It contains the original factory service manual and the owners manual. It seems to get the job done. The Disk requires a PC computer running Windows. I tested it with XP and Windows 7, both work fine.

Also if you are looking for paper service manuals, I would look at Bently brand.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can also down load a free Rave CD, complete shop manual, use the link in my signature.
Make sure you read up and do a complete front service to your swivels, bearings and brakes, it is really important on D1's.

deeb

Reaction score
Im looking for manuals,dont know where to find them. Im doing brake rotors and need a little guidance because im not 100% familier with disco brake systems. Please help.:confused:

hey man,

just so you know, i just got a disco 1 and the first thing i did to it was replaced the rotors/pads...piece of cake, but plan on a full day!
the walkthrough in the repair manual is quite sufficient.

before you get started make sure you have one of these guys...

http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/606435.cfm

also get a tub of bearing lube and clean up your bearings and repack them.

if your pads and calipers look like mine, i would pull/replace the pads while the calipers are out.

good luck!
chad

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge