Range Rover 2006 HSE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sanchez-Pena

Reaction score
Hello! My name is Mary, and this is my first time using this chatroom. Can someone assist me in locating the appropriate power steering fluid for a 2006 Range Rover HSE? I recently moved from Cape Girardeau, MO, to Hollywood, FL, and the power steering/transmission is tough; it softens little by little when I start driving, but it is not as smooth as before. Mechanics claim the pump is functioning well and that replacing the fluid may solve the problem because the filter is dirty. He asked me to purchase the power steering fluid; however, the handbook stated: Specification LRN2261 / "Land Rover recommends Texaco Cold Climate PAS / Dynamic Response fluid." I could not locate that particular fluid because Texaco is no longer in business. When I checked for an equivalent fluid, the internet stated that Texaco Cold Climate PAS is for climates with ambient temperatures below -20°C.

I would appreciate it if any of you could help me with this information.

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your local dealer will have the fluid you need.
Also, the power steering is variable assist- soft at slow speeds, then firms up as speeds increase.
The varaible assist solenoid in the steering rack may be bad.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72