radio problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had this issue??
Upon starting the car, the radio volume will sometimes not work--turning it up or down has no effect.

Other times after starting the car, the radio itself shows that the ipod (which i have connected) is playing but there is no sound at all. During this time, the radio will not allow me to switch to or from radio mode or ipod mode...the radio functions are frozen.

Usually if i shut the car off and wait a couple minutes and restart, the issue resolves.

Any suggestions or thoughts? Im sure ill have to take it to the dealer, but just wanted others thoughts.

It only has 500 miles on it

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my LR4 back yesterday after being in the shop for 7 days for the radio fix....they said it was fixed with a software update. No fix...maybe even worse now! Will be giving them another call next week.
:frown:

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have at least figured out what is causing this problem. It is my ipod...whenever its left disconnected, there is no problem. All the problems start when its connected. Is there a list of ipods that work with the LR4?

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i set up a poll to see just how many people have this problem...everyone please do the poll. I cant imagine that from everyone on this forum there are only two of us with this problem...maybe nobody uses their ipod with their LR4 (thats an option too on the poll!)
Please everyone do the poll--even if you dont use the ipod.

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update--fixed Finally

There was a faulty module of some sort that connected the ipod to the radio...the part is on back order, so they took the part out of another LR4....finally it works fine. No radio issues at all...finally. It was all due to the ipod connecting module in the electronics of the radio...im just glad its fixed.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Glad to hear that your issue is fixed.

I wonder if I'm having the same issue, but with a jump drive and not and iPod. I've only had it happen once, but the radio was completely nonresponsive to anything I did. When I shut the car off and turned it back on, the NAV/Radio screen wouldn't even turn on to display anything; not even the menu/home screen.

I unplugged my jump drive and turned the car back on and the radio fired up just as it should. I'm guessing that the same module that acts as the interface with the iPod is the same for the portable/external USB port.

I've only had it happen once in the last 6 weeks of ownership.

Rob

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge