Radio code input problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richterjustin08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 98 disco le, I did call the land rover dealership, gave them my vin number, got the code for the radio, punched in, and did not work..
What is the step by step on how to put the code in??

alzerom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It must be entered slowly. It's not very smart. one number every 2 seconds.... If nothing happens just sit there for about 5 minutes.... turn it off-on, and enter it again... slowly. Usually the dealerships won't give them out over the phone. I had to show up in person with the registration. It could be a trascription error.

richterjustin08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my time punching it in.. when I get to last number to punch in it beeps and then nothing

alzerom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 97 that would do that, just sit there and wait a few minutes... then suddenly the display will come on. Or repeat it. Once I had to do the code 6 or 8 times... (can't remember how many but it was a lot.)

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may not have the original radio in your truck and the factory supplied number won't work.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would call and speak with a service manager and see what your options are. Most manufactures don't keep codes and things for more then 7 to 10 years.

alzerom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the original owners manuals/papers, many owners will write the code somewhere in the manuals or paper work. I do every chance I get and on the car also!

Also a good point Mike, the radio isn't the original and at that age very possible. If true the owner may have written the new code in the manuals...???

And richterjustin08: I would pull the radio and put in a real radio! :)

richterjustin08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any radio that I put I'm can u get them to work with the factory cd chamger or no??
Also if u pull radio can't u get the serial number off side and get code that way?

alzerom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The code is NOT on the radio unless a previous owner put it there. The factory CD changer is a bit tricky. It uses an older talkback protocol not found on the newer radios.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo