purchasing 2009 LR3 commercial, advice needed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twinpipes

Reaction score
Looking for advice on purchasing a 2009 LR3 commercial, i will be testing in the next few days, which i have first refusal. What should i look for.
I bought a 2005 freelander td4 some years back and it was the worst car ever, every day it was something, in the end up it broke it's crankshaft. It was always well serviced. I sold it and bought a isuzu crew cab which i am selling which has been bullet proof, so am weary of buying another LR. Advice on what to look for please, should i take the chance.
Looking for rear middle seats if i buy it if some one can help in cloth if possible, saw 2 sets on e-bay cheapest £1500, ouch.

Make / Model Year
Land Rover Discovery 2009
Transmission Engine Size
Manual 2.7 litre
Body Fuel Type Mileage
- Diesel 74,000
3 TD V6 5DR 2.7 TDV6 SPORT COMMERCIAL

-22" Genuine Range Rover Stormer Alloys

-4 Brand New Tyre's

-Full Service History with top Land Rover Mechanic

(just serviced at 115kms)

-6 Speed Transmission

-Chrome Side Bars

-Blue Tooth Hands Free Kit

-4 Genuine Land Rover Sun Visors

-Sport Roof Rails

-Light Protectors all round

-Air Conditioning

Jeep is in Immaculate condition inside out. Used as a second vehicle and meticulously kept.

Proper Factory Fitted Tow Bar.Never Used.

2 owners of this vehicle.

2keys

Full HPI Check

Taxed.and Tested until 11/15

Attachments

• him.jpeg
    him.jpeg
    15.5 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately we don't get the diesel or 6-speed manual transmission Land Rovers here in the United States.

The first year 2005 LR3 had some issues but for the most part they have been very reliable after that. 2008 and 2009 are very reliable years for the LR3.

But being a heavy vehicle, there will be a fair amount of parts that simply wear out, such as bushings, ball joints, control arms and other steering and suspension parts. That is normal but can get expensive.

That full service history you noted is important to have. It looks like the vehicle was well cared for so I would not be afraid to purchase it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink