Power Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to overide the power seats only functioning when the key is in the ignition? Seems silly since i'm 6'2" and my wife is 5'2" it is a pain for me to crank the truck up outside and adjust the seat...and no I don't have the memory seats any help would be great!

klabat

Reaction score
I haven't noticed this issue. My power seats can be adjusted any time. I do, however, have the memory seats, so that may be why.

Sully

Reaction score
It is a pain in the...

I have an '06 without memory seats and have to deal with the same thing. I don't understnad why LR designed it that way because I was able to adjust my power seats in my '96 D1 without the key in the ignition.

...also don't know why they got rid of the one-click lowering and raising of the passenger power window.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an '05 LR3 HSE.

With no key in the ignition I can adjust the driver seat at any time.

For the passenger seat adjustment (not memory) I have to insert the key, which I find very annoying. After long car trips, in particular, as you need to move the seat forward to raise or lower the 2nd row seat behind it (if the seat is pushed back or tilted back, the 2nd row head rest will prevent you from folding/unfolding that seat).

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an '05 SE and also lack power to the seats without turning the key. This is an unfortunate oversight as it's a pain to get into the driver's seat after a shorter person has left the seat forward.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In 2007 onward all trim versions have power to the seats without requiring the key.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe this issue is solved with a infotainment / technical update by the dealer. New software will allow you to move the seat without the key in the ignition.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635