potential freelander newbie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bpatterson

Reaction score
New to the site and would like to know if anyone has any positives to owning a freelander (2002 & S trim) I'm possibly going to own one but have heard nothing good about them and wanted to know if anyone enjoys theirs or hates them. TIA

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and I hope you didn't already purchase a Freelander. If you have I wish you the best, if you haven't bought it yet, please don't. Sadly they are problem prone and not the best choice for a used Rover.

bpatterson

Reaction score
Haven't purchased but was thinking about it just wanted some insight from people who know land rover. What model would you recommend? I've heard discovery's are good just not sure what years exactly, what other models would be worthy investments?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay in response, I have been out of town on a new job a lot...

Investment? No vehicle that I could afford or recommend is an Investment...

As far as a good daily driver, it depends on you funds... I would buy the newest Discovery or Range Rover you can afford. in the USA 94-early 99 are the D1's and they are great for off roading, but most are getting old. mid 99 - 04 are the D2's ride much better same basic engine and trans as the D1, upgraded electrics and a few more options. Best to drive and see what you like. 05-? LR3, the the newer ones are LR4. If the funds are there I would buy a 2-4 year old one so you have less depreciation and yet still get a great ride.

Range Rovers best years are again dependent on cash and what you like. 98-02 are nice with the 4.6 engine, new body style started in 03 IIRC and of course cost more...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4