Please help 2001 Subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mlbirk

Reaction score
I recently picked up a 2001 Range Rover 4.6 HSE Someone had previously removed the rear CD changer and Subwoofer. It has the original Alpine head unit which works fine and I bought a Harman/Kardon Subwoofer.

My problem is that the person that took the original subwoofer out left a mess of the wires and I have no idea how to connect the replacement subwoofer.

The connectors on the subwoofer has 2 large wires, one black and one red, which I assume are power. There are 3 smaller wires, black, black/white, and black which I assume are sound wires from the head unit.

The wires coming from the head unit are 2 larger wires, Purple and Gray/black and three smaller wires which are orange, black and orange/black.

I have the RAVE manual but can't seem to make heads or tail out of the diagrams there.

It doesn't appear to be a complicated job if I just knew which wires to connect to which. Anybody got any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9