Phillips CV headlight upgrade with pics.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

overblown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I kept the factory bulbs in for about a week and while they were not annoyingly dim, I wanted them to be brighter and whiter. I read the thread on the CV bulbs and was sold. I'm very happy with the results so far. One thing I noticed in that other thread is that people are taking out grill and headlight assembly to do this. Call me crazy but I see that as more work than necessary. Nothing wrong with it just did it easier and faster without it. Took me 5 minutes start to finish to change my low beams.

Here is a before shot.
88f1a9c8.jpg

Stock bulbs.

8bc7055e.jpg

Stock on the left, Phillips on the right.

cb980e2b.jpg

ecdfda9f.jpg

Last edited:

overblown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock bulb still in on the left. Phillips installed on the right.

83bde771.jpg

Stock bulb. Notice the color difference between it and the LED's.

2ee7b877.jpg

Phillips bulb installed.

726840c4.jpg

I just removed the sealer cap on both sides.

ca2ac35a.jpg

overblown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have to move this reservoir out of the way to have room for my hands on the driver side. It just slides straight up.

143b06f6.jpg

Both lights installed.

dfdc1f5a.jpg

Looks like fogs will be next! Doesn't look bad in person though. My camera really captures the difference more than the eye does but that's not to say its not noticeable.

316c6621.jpg

6a55a59d.jpg

Overall, for 5 minutes worth of work and 30 something bucks I think it was a very worthwhile upgrade! I hope this helps some of you.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did my hibeams and fogs on my LR4. I already had the factory HIDs in the low beams. Light out put was fabulous after the CVs. One of the cheapest, best upgrades for the money and time.

Rob

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome! I also did the same upgrade and then went with the DDM HID kit - which is BEYOND amazing! I know lots of people on the list may disagree - but THAT'S the best upgrade you can do. I am not kidding, the HID light kit output is 100X better than the Philips CV. I have the Philips CV in my fogs and high beams. Love them! But, I will never go back to them for my low beams - HID kit all the way!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are interested in going with the HID kit for the low beams, it's EXTREMELY easy to install and costs around $60.00. It's basically plug and play. You won't believe the difference in light output!

dtreidjr

Reaction score
Mind me asking where you guys ordered your kits from? I'm only finding them for $99 a set. Would like to find the $60 kits..

thanks

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mind me asking where you guys ordered your kits from? I'm only finding them for $99 a set. Would like to find the $60 kits..

thanks
Here is a link to where you can order the kit:

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W

The details are below:

QTY Item Information Item Number Price
DDM HID Kit, 35W, H11, 6000K
Bulb Color: 6000K
Bulb Type: H11
Wattage: 35 Watt
DDM35W.H11.6000K $45.00

Also, for LOTS of information on the kit, installation, and some pictures please look back at this thread:

http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21689

Feel free to send me a direct message if you have any questions, as I can definitely help!

Best of luck!

-David

dtreidjr

Reaction score
Thanks for replying bud. I figured it out last night and ordered that for my low beams. I also ordered the same kit with the 4500 bulbs for my fog lights. I'm excited to get it and see how they turn out.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for replying bud. I figured it out last night and ordered that for my low beams. I also ordered the same kit with the 4500 bulbs for my fog lights. I'm excited to get it and see how they turn out.
Hey dtreidjr,

You will NOT be disappointed. If you have any questions let me know or take a look at the link I posted. If you follow that thread, you will see that I ordered extra light caps and drilled holes in them to put the wires through and seal it with electrical tape (I posted pictures). I just did not want to drill holes in my only set. The install is very easy. I did not do my fog lights, so let me know how that goes. I have the Philips CV for my fogs, as that works pretty well. It's good you got the 4500K, as that seems to be a good color for fogs.

Best of luck and don't hestitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Regards, David

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo