Passenger Side Mirror Glass - Any Suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bscmich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always back the LR3 in the garage way over as to avoid the scrapes and scuffs associated with the family garage. Anyway, with a huge storm rolling in, in my haste I clipped the garage door frame with the passenger side mirror. Errr! Good news is only the mirror glass broke, the mirror housing is fine. BPUtah has the OEM glass for $65 plus s/h. It needs to be the heated version so I have to confirm that. Checked eBay and British Atlantic... no luck. Any other suggestions for an OEM part before I order through BPUtah?

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might try the UK ebay site (ebay.co.uk), but with shipping, I'm not sure that it'd be any cheaper. My wife did something similar a few months ago - except broke the housing - the glass was fine. Replacement was easy - the toughest part was removing the existing glass without breaking anything; took about 10 minutes of looking at the new housing and trying to determine how the glass was clipped on so that I could unclip it from the old one - a problem you won't face. Putting the glass into the housing is extremely simple - just clips in!

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question, do the heated mirrors have the symbol on them? Mine don't have any symbol on them.

KyRover

Reaction score
You might give roverland in Tampa a call. They show complete mirror assemblies for sale, maybe they have just a mirror that they will sell.

bobby

Reaction score
After about three months of searching myself.... I paid the $65. Had a couple of close calls and the wife said BUY IT NOW!.. ha

bscmich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No heated symbol on the mirror but I called BPUtah and they confirmed it is the heated factory glass. It is convex "Objects Are Closer". I'll order from them today. Thanks for the comments although, I am a little shamed by the fact that I am lumped into the "my wife did that" catagory. Oh well, it definately won't happen again.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4