Parking Brake Actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattypV50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well last weekend my Parking Brake Actuator failed on my 2011.

Parking brake was stuck on in a parking lot and won't release. Parking brake fault came on. Tried the manual release under the cup holder and nothing.

Had to have it towed to the dealership.

As it stands right now my extended warranty is covering the actuator and labour to the tune of $1500 but in the process my rear rotor and pads got scorched. So that's going to set me back another $1500 and that's not covered under warranty.

So not awesome. :mad:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How'd rotors and pads get scorched if the park brake got jammed in a parking lot and you got the car towed? Either the rear brakes were worn anyway (in which case, you should decline their quote and go see an indy shop for a simple brake job, since your dealer is getting ready to **** you), or there is more to this story than what you told us. Did you drive the car long distance after it became obvious your park brake was jammed?

Either way, if a covered part fails and directly causes damage to a non-covered part such as in this case apparently, IMHO the extended warranty should pick up the bill for the whole damage, minus your deductible. Of course, some tiny print legalese in your contract probably spells out excluded parts aren't covered, period, even if their failure is caused by a covered part. Which reinforces my opinion that all these "warranty" companies are run by unscrupolous crooks, just a hair more legit than the mob.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635