Opinions on color

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JMC08

Reaction score
I can't wait to see photos of the Marmaris Teal - it is definitely one of the most unique colors out there! I saw one in person and it was pretty cool - definitely a niche color.

Yeah, our dealer called me up a couple months ago to let me know an LR4 arrived in Marmaris teal (not a luxury like we want) and to come down and take a look since he knew that was the main color we are considering. Ive seen it once before, but my wife had not. She ended up liking it as much as me. Our dealer also now has a Range Rover Sport in the same color. Looks pretty good on the Sport as well.

Jaydub562

Reaction score
ORKNEY grey FTW!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    757.1 KB · Views: 66

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Baltic Blue is the only correct choice. I am not biased.

DSC_0512_zps10007ef0.jpg

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can not comment since I'm black on black on black :frown:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 36

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's my diatribe on color, and this isn't Land Rover specific. Way too many cars/trucks these days are hardly a color at all. They're white or black or silver or a shade of gray, or a shade of beige. Boring. Get a real color. Blue, red, green, even the teal, or maybe even the bronze (but maybe that's too close to beige)

I like the black package, but I think the blacked-out wheels and grill is a bit too trendy and won't age well. So again, go with a nice color. You can even get some contrast if you get a red or teal truck. Or drop the black altogether.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's my diatribe on color, and this isn't Land Rover specific. Way too many cars/trucks these days are hardly a color at all. They're white or black or silver or a shade of gray, or a shade of beige. Boring. Get a real color. Blue, red, green, even the teal, or maybe even the bronze (but maybe that's too close to beige)

I like the black package, but I think the blacked-out wheels and grill is a bit too trendy and won't age well. So again, go with a nice color. You can even get some contrast if you get a red or teal truck. Or drop the black altogether.

It's all about money, as always. Niche colors (i.e. any color other than safe shades of white, black and silver) won't sell well. Back in the day I owned an S70 Volvo in desert sand?(the ugliest shade of yellow/green) or something like that. It looked cool to me but when I traded it, the color was a major problem

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It was slightly different: a combo of yellow and green, more like mustard. It looked awesome on my Volvo, but wasn't very popular with anyone but die-hard Volvo aficionados; hence I got a $6k discount when i bought it. When I traded it for something else, the used car manager who did the appraisal was aghast and insisted that they couldn't possibly retail this ugly thing and would have to wholesale it at an auction. Since then, all my cars have been either black or, lately, silver

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90