Oil Changes and Servies??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

victorialoverr

Reaction score
I live in a small town, and my dad was wondering if i get a range rover where would i get my oil changed? would i have to go into houston for it, or just a regular oil changing place?
btw what are the costs for services with range rovers?

voltaire1102

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted almost the same question a few weeks back. Right now I can't seem to find the link to it but the overall message was that an oil change to the LR3 is pretty routine. I would just make sure it is reputable oil change place. There's no reason to go to the dealership to pay $130.00 for something you can have done for a fourth of that price.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
The big thing is to make sure you save all your paperwork from any oil change even if you do it yourself, document the mileage and date so if any warranty issues arise you should be covered.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year of Range Rover are we talking about? The 2010s use the Jag V8 and the proceedure for changing the oil in them is differenet from the other years.

Rob

Hatmandew

Reaction score
Also, I used to work in a service department at a chevy dealer. One time we did an oil change and the seal was bad on the filter. Needless to say, the oil leaked out and the customer didnt notice it and his engine froze up. We ended up replacing his engine (which was out of warranty with 80K miles on it). Tell me a little oil change place that would do that for you. It is worth the price to have the dealer do it. Plus you get a car wash included in the price :)

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I just meant that the newest trucks have yet another engine that has no drain plug and a cartige style filter that requires special tools and equipment to change.

Since this one is an older model year, it's not important for his question.

Rob

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99