Offroad First Timer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rogo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all - relatively new to the forum, and definitely new to offroading. Took our first trip last weekend. Went to Badlands Offroad park in Attica, IL (we're from Chicago area - anyone else out here near us?) and had a blast. Wandered aimlessly through sand dunes, mud, and hills - next time will do a guided trail. baby steps :creep:

Didn't have any problems with basic Toyo all seasons, but I am considering picking up some extra wheels and getting better all terrain tires.

Anyway, we had fun. Check out the pics. wrt the winch/recovery pics - guys, when your wife says its too deep, listen to her. :tongue: Bottomed out in a mud hole with deep ruts in the bottom. Went into extended mode, didn't think to try super ext mode (I've read here about that), but just spun.

Enjoy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31686796@N02/?saved=1

PicnSav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the club.

Nice pictures. The brits drive through mud all the time, it might be a tire issue.

Rogo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would love to blame it on tires (or tyres), but I think it was a rookie mistake. I got cold feet halfway through and let up on the throttle. Once I did that, I lost all momentum and tires lost traction.

When the guy with the Jeep pulled me out, I could see a perfect impression of the underside of my truck. I was resting on the truck underbody and not so much on the tires...

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, welcome to the other half of your new purchase's usefulness! Through some decent tires on there, and enjoy your ride!

Cajon-2-1024.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112