Off-Road Discovery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't matter if there's an engine because they are showing it how they'd want it to appear, "as if". The fender to tire gap looks perfectly normal for an suv of this medium/small size. I include "small" because what can you say is medium when large is maybe like a Toyota Sequoya with Behemoth being like a Ford Excursion or Denali XT. Tiny would be the Lr2/Evoque.

Anyway, a friend who is not biased at all, and has loved going on outings in all of the rovers I've had, mentioned "hey, check out the new Jeep diesel...it has 4x4, air lift/lower, limited slip rear diff, ventilated seats, 30 mpg, 3 more gallons of tank size and fully loaded it's about $10,000 less than fully loaded LR4" and the LR4 doesn't offer the nicer seats or diesel range.

Now, I don't want a Jeep. It actually looks fine, cool in some ways, nice enough inside and even the rear seats look like they sort of copy the lr4 with the flat folding design.

What I DO want is for Land Rover to catch up!! I would be THRILLED to simply have the same LR4 but with a diesel and ventilated / more comfortable seats (more adjustments and on both front seats)

Would love ventilated seats. If "more comfortable" does NOT mean turning them into couch seats that have you lying backwards then more comfortable would be great. (Part of the reason I am leaving the Acura MDX and getting an LR4 is that I want a flat, elevated seating position. I want a truck, not a sports car.)

As for a jeep, it is too flattened/short in the back for me. This is why I would never buy an RRS, FFRR or Evoque or any of the number "crossovers" out there that are more station wagon - like the MDX and the Lexus I has previously. I like space/volume/higher roof line. I like a good size 3rd row.

I'm still looking at a Toyota Land Cruiser while I wait for my LR4 order to arrive. (I have a fully refundable deposit.) But the current LC feels "bloated" and they still make such a waste of the back area with how they handle the 3rd row.

I really do NOT want to see the LRx go the way of the FFRR, RRS and Evoque as they already have a lineup like that. Nor do I want to see them go the way of the bloated, softened Soccermom Uniformity Vehicles we see everywhere.

simjet22

Reaction score
pretty and nice that you have one but this thread is about discussions on upcoming version, not current models or a photo love fest of member cars ;)
try posting in "what you did in your lr" thread. You'll get an appropriate response there. I especially like your rolling shots as not many people try that.

ooops wrong thread!

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@danrhiggins have you looked at the Lexus GX460? Very comparable in price, options and size. I feel as though I should have researched that vehicle more before pulling the trigger on the LR4.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@danrhiggins have you looked at the Lexus GX460? Very comparable in price, options and size. I feel as though I should have researched that vehicle more before pulling the trigger on the LR4.

Barn door.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Barn door.

Yea, I hear ya. I got use to the swing out door on my Wrangler. Sucked to have nothing to really sit on like with the LR4 but it seems like it has everything else you could ask for.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635