New to forum 2003 range rover problem please HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rangerover918

Reaction score
Hello Forum, I have a 2003 range rover, i was driving it tuesday evening and the truck and suddenly the vehicle made a loud spinning like grinding noise and would not drive, the engine was still on but when i accelerated the spinning noise got louder.
i pulled into the gas station and put the vehicle in park but the vehicle was on a slope and kept rolling, i then put the emergency brake on and and started the truck and put it into drive and it jus made a spinning noise and wouldnt move , I read a few recall problems about DRIVELINE:DRIVESHAFT DIFFERENTIAL COUPLING SLEEVE AND THE PROPELLER SHAFT, could this be the problem ? thanks

Hap

Reaction score
For you to lose power to both axles, and be able to roll around in park - I'm going to guess t-case or transmission. I think you'd have to lose both prop shafts at the same time if it were driveline.

bummer, man. :(

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Since the 2003 RR doesn't have a true locking diff, if you lost a U-Joint then this could be the issue. Crawl under and see if you find you front drive shaft not looking like it should.

wigginsd77

Reaction score
You lost the front diff spindle connection to your driveshaft. There is a factory recall on this now. This actually happened to my at 80mph on a highway. My rover mechanic actually ordered an aftermarket driveshaft that was a better fix than OEM. Rover sent me a check for the recall after I proved I had the problem fixed.

Hello Forum, I have a 2003 range rover, i was driving it tuesday evening and the truck and suddenly the vehicle made a loud spinning like grinding noise and would not drive, the engine was still on but when i accelerated the spinning noise got louder.
i pulled into the gas station and put the vehicle in park but the vehicle was on a slope and kept rolling, i then put the emergency brake on and and started the truck and put it into drive and it jus made a spinning noise and wouldnt move , I read a few recall problems about DRIVELINE:DRIVESHAFT DIFFERENTIAL COUPLING SLEEVE AND THE PROPELLER SHAFT, could this be the problem ? thanks