Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrssampson

Reaction score
I previously fell in love with old BMWs and still have my love for them but I need something for this winter and a DD and I love the discovery. I'm looking at a 2000 Discovery with 152,000 miles, and a new air suspension. My family had one of these and the air suspension obviously was a big problem. Has anyone switched the air suspension to springs and shocks by themselves? How easy is it and can some one point in me the right direction for suspension and misc parts. Thanks!

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The air suspension id not a big problem, especially since yours has new bags you will be good for 80,000 miles and more.
If you replace the SLS with coil springs, it will ride a lot rougher/firmer. Do your self a favor and leave them,
How mechanical are you? You will need to put some time and parts into this before you drive it a lot

Jrssampson

Reaction score
I am pretty mechanical. I installed a new suspension on my old bmw and a lot of other engine stuff. What kind of parts?

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oledave49