New guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonnieR32

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just bought a 2008 RRS. I've been a fan for a very long time and now I own one of my own. I plan to use it for what it was made for. This truck will and already has seen dirt, grass, hills, and mud. Like most of you veterans can imagine I will have a lot of questions and I definitely want to look into some off road clubs.

1. Can anyone tell me how to set the QPOI's in the nav? The instructions are ****. I reset to factory settings after picking it up. The people before me leased it and had all kinds of crap saved.
The manual says to select the ones you want and then tap the screen. That does not work.

2. Any ideas to how capable the RRS is off road? I heard the jokes that no one takes newer than 04's off road, but I can't imagine that to be true. Any thing I should look out for with this year model? I did tons of research and couldn't find anything so I guess no news is good news.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to meeting some of you and learning a ton about my new Land Rover.

Hap

Reaction score
Hiya, Donnie -

I've been out with a couple of RRS's a couple of times. I recall them being surprisingly competent vehicles off-road. I've heard a lot of people say something to the equivalent that the RRS is the least capable (offroad) of the Rover 4x4's, but even if that's true, the least capable Rover is still awesomely capable. Take that from a former freelander owner who's been out plenty of times with the "big dogs" - the freebie was also surprisingly competent.

Biggest issues I think with the RRS are the tires it comes with are garbage for offroading, and clearance. I don't know there's anything you can do about the latter except be careful. :)

Enjoy your RRS; it's a beautiful truck!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635