New 2012 HSE owner!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

overblown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I've lurked here for a few week reading up on these in anticipation to buy. Well tonight was the night and I picked up the truck which now rests comfortably in my garage! It's white with almond/arabica. One thing that the dealer said is that the DVD player will have issues until LR releases an update. I don't have the rear entertainment package. I have two questions, does anyone else have this issue? I tried a few DVDs and the sound plays but no video at all. Also, does anyone know of a way to disable the lock the prevents you from playing a DVD while moving? Thanks for any info, and I am so excited to be a Land Rover owner!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations and welcome to the forum! You will find many helpful people here and learn a lot about the LR4! I don't think I have the DVD player in my 2011 HSE? I have actually never even put a CD in the slot! :)

When you find the way to disable the lock that prevents you from playing the DVD while driving, then maybe we can find something to disable that pesky "ACCEPT" button on the navigation! ;-)

Be sure to post some pictures!

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I've lurked here for a few week reading up on these in anticipation to buy. Well tonight was the night and I picked up the truck which now rests comfortably in my garage! It's white with almond/arabica. One thing that the dealer said is that the DVD player will have issues until LR releases an update. I don't have the rear entertainment package. I have two questions, does anyone else have this issue? I tried a few DVDs and the sound plays but no video at all. Also, does anyone know of a way to disable the lock the prevents you from playing a DVD while moving? Thanks for any info, and I am so excited to be a Land Rover owner!

2012 models were supposed to come with the dual display - passenger can see the movie but to the driver it looks like business as usual. Pretty neat - not sure if it made into the US version because of legal issues.

overblown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys. I knew I had seen that before! I'm pretty sure I just have to figure out how to turn it on. I plan on diving into the owners manual tomorrow inside and out. Hopefully all it is is a setting or something simple like that. I'll post up some pics too.

h8cold

Reaction score
Congrats, i haven't checked my dvd option yet. When is the update?

overblown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't gotten an answer on that yet. Also, that info was from the salesman so I took it with a grain of salt. I have yet to speak to someone in service. I plan on it today though and will post up what I find out.

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats. I've got an LR3, but I drule over the the LR4.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo