Need Help with '92 Classic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lemontin

Reaction score
Ok, I need some help here because this is completely out of my league..

1992 Range Rover, 112,000 miles. I had a major head gasket blow out externally. While it was being fixed and since they were there, I had the water pump and timing chain and cover replaced too.

I got Rover back and everything was fine, until the 'Check Engine" light came on a few hundred miles later. It seemed ok at first but at highway speeds it started losing power and sputtering. I got it back to the shop and we're now deciding what to do.

No one locally seems to have a reader to check what the "Check Engine" light could mean. The unit under the passenger seat was replaced with an older unit (before I bought it) and it does not have the readout LCD.

I was leaning to thinking it might be the O2 sensors, the mechanic doesn't think that's the issue but doesn't have a lot to offer in the way of knowing what it could be.

My goal here is to get it fixed by replacing what the most obvious cause might be. I don't want to throw a ton of money and still have it not work. So I thought I'd ask those who might know.. you.

Advice and knowledge needed and very much appreciated.

3.9 Gems engine..

Thanks,
Tim
Holland, Michigan

Recent things:
New fuel pump, 1 year ago.
New power steering pump, one year ago
New shocks, one year ago

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.