My New Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All,
Changed my halogen lights out for the OEM xenon lights. It was a ten minute swap. I'm extremely happy! Needless to say I have 2 halogen lights in perfect condition for sale. I will let them go for $300 plus $35 to ship. PM me if you are interested. I will leave it open to the forum this week. If I do not get in takers by 2/15/10, they will be going on Ebay.

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One question...when I turn them on it seems like they go through a dianogstic check...by flashing from left to right then stabilizing is that normal??????

Trynian

Reaction score
One question...when I turn them on it seems like they go through a dianogstic check...by flashing from left to right then stabilizing is that normal??????

They will sort of flicker for a moment. If you accidentally got the adaptive ones then you may end up with issues of them not staying stable.

tomasesto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
new HID

How much and where did u get the HID stk set up? Did they come w Ballasts also plug n play? I put 100watt Hella bulbs in my Halo set up which helps but would like to upgrade for the OG. :help:

All,
Changed my halogen lights out for the OEM xenon lights. It was a ten minute swap. I'm extremely happy! Needless to say I have 2 halogen lights in perfect condition for sale. I will let them go for $300 plus $35 to ship. PM me if you are interested. I will leave it open to the forum this week. If I do not get in takers by 2/15/10, they will be going on Ebay.

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They will sort of flicker for a moment. If you accidentally got the adaptive ones then you may end up with issues of them not staying stable.

They are not the adaptive ones...besides I thought the adaptive ones had a completely different wire harness and would not fit at all...

They flicker from left to right then stabilize is this normal???

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much and where did u get the HID stk set up? Did they come w Ballasts also plug n play? I put 100watt Hella bulbs in my Halo set up which helps but would like to upgrade for the OG. :help:

Got them on EBAY for a really good price! Less than $500 for both.

Trynian

Reaction score
They are not the adaptive ones...besides I thought the adaptive ones had a completely different wire harness and would not fit at all...

They flicker from left to right then stabilize is this normal???

The adaptive will fit but not function correctly and bounce back an forth.

As I said above they will flicker some when first powered on. Weather left to right or some other way doesn't matter.

Since your vehicle was not orginally fitted with xenons the option is not turned on in the car computer so it powers up slower. You can get it turned on at a dealer or independent shop and it will flicker less.

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I got the truck this morning all seemed well... There was no flickering...

Thanks for the help and if I does continue, I will take it to the dealer to activate the lights in the ecu.

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty awesome you can just change them out like that. I'd never go back to a hologen bulb.

$300 for halogen lights... probs >$40 a bulb at pepboys.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635