Max Tire Diameter for 2013 LR4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MatthewSS

Reaction score
Hello All,

The wife needs new tires. I'd really like to replace the OEM's with BFG TA KO2's, but they're not made in 19". So, while deciding what to do (e.g. tires, rims, etc), I'd love to know the maximum tire diameter that will fit the LR4 without the risk of fender/wheel well rubbing/impact.

Would anyone happen to know or have experience changing-up tire sizes without any other mods? The OEM's are 30" across.

Thanks,
Matthew

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the wife spend a lot of time off-roading? Tires such as the KO2s and other A/Ts are nice to have just-in-case or if you wheel regularly, but as pavement pounders they are heavy, noisy, use more gas and are not as comfortable or even competent as the stock tires. My wife would hate them, don't know about yours... :smile:

Anyway, to avoid absolutely any type of rubbing and to be able to fit a matching full size spare under the car fully inflated, keep the diameter at or under 31", regardless of rim size.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife loves her 255/55/19 Duratracs on her RR. I would think that would be as close to the KO2's as you will get in 19". She picked them out herself, I was considering something "milder" but she loves a beefy tire! They do have a little hum on the highway, but nothing too bad and it quickly becomes "normal". She loves the handling of them.

I was also looking at the Goodyear Adventure All-Terrain which comes in a 31" diameter 19" tire (255/60/19). She liked them, but thought the tread pattern may be a bit 80's looking and opted for the Duratracs. The 19" Duratracs actually do not look as intimidating in the 19" low profile design as they do in say a 33" version you might see on a lifted Jeep Wrangler.

Last edited:

MatthewSS

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Thank you, all great info! Those Duratracs look like a great alternative to the BFG's. Clealy they would handle our snowy, mucky, slushy, muddy winter season better than the OEM Conti's. We often travel to VT during both summer and winter which includes unfinished roads in many areas. The Coopers look pretty good as well but I'd lean toward the Duratracs. I'll present the Toyo Open County H/T's (had these on our previous LR3), Duratracs and Coopers to her, see which wins (not that she has a great deal of interest, but just for fun :smile:).

Thanks again,
Matthew

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo