LR4 2011 map update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really need to get on this. My nav once again took me somewhere that doesn't exist anymore.

Expat93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, the navigation is the single biggest frustration for me on my rig. I hate it. Yes, I know I can use my iPhone or buy a Garmin. It annoys the crap out of me that for $58k, the navigation is so poor.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It reminds me of my 2001 BMW. That one was actually easier to use than the LR one.

alegrialv

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an aftermarket solution? I have a 2012 LR4 and honestly, the last time I used it WAS in 2012. I bought an iPhone holder that attaches to the vent and have used it ever since. The thing is, even if you do update to the new system, it's so hard to ignore apps like Waze and Google Maps as its just flat beyond dash nav.

I think the better question is how do you put Car Play on the screen.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a suction phone holder and use Google Maps. There's just no comparison.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still use the LR4's satnav when I need to go to a specific address or memory point, habit I guess... But the directions seem to be quite accurate as long as I turn off TMC, plus I've figured out a way to speed up voice entry - which was otherwise excruciatingly slow thanks to that chatty lady asking you to confirm every word and number you just said and then "Are you finished or do you want to change something?", and "Do you really want to go to there or should we cancel and start all over again?"... Shut up already and give me the friggin' directions! I like the clear turn info that pop up on the touchscreen and the instrument cluster better than looking at my smartphone (I use a spring loaded holder attached to the CD slot for the phone, BTW.)

If I need to go to a business I don't know the specific address of, or I am running late and need some smart rerouting in traffic, I use Waze or Google on my cell. "Navigate to my closest Home Depot"... Can you imagine figuring that one out with the built-in system? Home Depot may close by the time you are done entering the address. :biggrin:

Perhaps the upcoming 2018 Discovery 5 will surprise us, but I think as Land Rover owners we should just learn to live with disappointment when it comes to infotainment technology and related user interface. Even their latest models are already outdated and outclassed by most other manufacturers at the very moment they hit the showroom floor.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72