LR3/Disco III

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

Cozmo

I was at the dealership today 9/28 and was told the LR3 should be arriving next weeks. The people at the dealership are excited.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They told me they would show up this week. Nothing but talk. I will believe it when I see it.

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was at my local dealer's centre this morning. They have a huge wooden crate out front that they will be putting a new LR3 in for a big open house/unveiling (there is nothing in the crate yet though).
warning: rumor
The owner of the dealership that I was at owns another LR dealership in the state, and he is getting 4 LR3's initially.

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you think, prices will be somewhat negotiable? I can't wait to see and test drive one, my wife and I are trying to decide between the LR3 or the Porsche Cayenne V6.

G

gaberover

they are having an unveiling of the LR3 in Cary, NC October 20th. I might just go out and get some free food and look at the disco II's instead of that ugly thing

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw and drove the LR3 SE today and it was pretty smooth and quiet. Very roomy inside,especially, the 3rd row, i'm 5'8" and about 220lbs(wife is pregnant, so non stop eating) and I was pretty comfortable sitting in the 3rd row, my knees weren't up to my chest like some other SUV's w/3rd rows that I've sat in. Getting in and out of the 2nd row of seat was roomy also, wasn't akward like some other SUV's (yukon and Escalade). Inside looked good, not as luxurious as the RANGE, but close. Seats were comfy and cup holders galore. My wife and I like the LR3, only draw back is the back of the SUV is so flat and it looks kind of weird from a distance at a certain angle, but other then that the SUV is very nice. We're sold on it. Dealer doesn't have the color combo that we wanted, so we will most likely put an order in. Oh yeah, the price is NOT negotiable, no matter, I feel it's worth the money.

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the AP newswire today:

Motor Trend just voted the LR3 "Motor Trend Magazine's 2005 SUV of the Year".

jumper5836

Reaction score
What really puts me off is the Side Rear windows not being inline with the rest and no second sunroof, I much prefer the Discovery 2.
But everything else is really nice in the looks department.
I like the rear tire not being of the rear door and put in the trunk area like the RR.
Off road the LR2 is not as capable as its predessor and air-suspension really sucks if something goes wrong which usually it does. Steel springs are the way to go for off roading.
The interior is like the RR which on the newer models 2003 which I have is pure crap. The pieces scratch easily and the finish wears off fast. The plastic/vinal stuff the put in scratches and dirt and mud are really had to get out.
The Quality is terrible but it looks good.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112