Lower Control Arms: Partsgeek.com Experience?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Airstream345

Reaction score
Our new to us 08 LR3, like all the others, needs it's front lower control arms replaced. I knew this when we purchased it so I've been planning the repair accordingly.

Recently I stumbled across partsgeek.com (while searching for a hard to source part for my other vehicle) who lists a number of lower control arm options for the LR3 at price points that are less than half most other outlets.

http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/2008/land_rover/lr3/suspension/control_arm.html

Of course I'm excited to save money but also skeptical and cautious about using inferior parts on such a critical component.

So, wondering if anyone here has some experience with parts from partsgeek.com for their LR?

Good, bad, indifferent? Thanks in advance for any comments or advice.

Mx468

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Range Rover Sport Control Arms

I haven't had any experience with these guys, but if you do buy lower control arms you should get the range rover sport/D3 armoured ones, they are suppose to be a little beefier and hold up better to wear and tear.

Airstream345

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip on the RR arms. The part I ordered for my other car (a hard to source heater fan blower assembly for am 09 SMART) arrived today, was the same manufacturer as the factory and fit perfectly. Half the price of Mercedes Benz.

If I end up using these guys for the LR I'll post back my results.

Airstream345

Reaction score
Ordered them. I'll post back up with details on quality and installation in case anyone else has similar questions later.

Airstream345

Reaction score
Control arms arrived today. Well packed and as expected. Pics attached.

Attachments

• IMG_2708.JPG
    IMG_2708.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2709.JPG
    IMG_2709.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2710.JPG
    IMG_2710.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2712.JPG
    IMG_2712.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2713.JPG
    IMG_2713.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 23

Mx468

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which ones did you get? RR Sports? Lr3? How much did you pay for them? Thanks.

Rubber Cow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did your LR3 need the control arms or the control arm bushings?
The bushings are what is usually replaced, but I guess replacing the entire arm achieves the same end.
The suggestions/comments in an earlier post are spot-on: the Armored Lr3 and RR Sport bushings are firmer and don't wear out as quickly but they do provide a more harsh ride.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
meh....my friend who is the service Manager at the local LR Dealership told me a few years back that he'd seen just as many RRSs in for new bushings as he had LR3s. Firmer yes, tougher? Not certain.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Houm is right.
I was debating on switching to a RRS control arms a while a go when I was about to change all the control arms an my LR3, but a fiend of mine , a local LR/jaguar manager told me the same . Bushings on RRS go out as quickly as those on LR3's , so it would make no sense to switch unless the firmness is what you are after, Not longevity .

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo