LED Off Road Light Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ANGLR4

Reaction score
I'm looking at a 30" light bar with the intentions of mounting it in the front grill. My initial plans are to mount two "L" brackets (one on each inside of the radiator support frame and facing each other) and mount the light bar across them. Doing this will require removal of a portion of the front grill and then sliding the lightbar forward into the void. This eliminates mounting to the body and hides the bar deep enough in the grill so as to minimize prying eyes while also keeping the bar high enough so as to project down the road and not down on the road or skimming just above the pavement.
Any input on this?

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at a 30" light bar with the intentions of mounting it in the front grill. My initial plans are to mount two "L" brackets (one on each inside of the radiator support frame and facing each other) and mount the light bar across them. Doing this will require removal of a portion of the front grill and then sliding the lightbar forward into the void. This eliminates mounting to the body and hides the bar deep enough in the grill so as to minimize prying eyes while also keeping the bar high enough so as to project down the road and not down on the road or skimming just above the pavement.
Any input on this?

I thought about this set-up as well (if I am picturing this correctly) ... very curious to see what you come up with. Would the light bar be flush with the rest of the grille? Would you do the work yourself or take it to a shop?

ANGLR4

Reaction score
Like an idiot, I will do it myself. Plans are to make the front of the light bar flush with the front of the grill, or atleast make the top of the light bar flush with the top of the opening in the grill. I don't want it to protrude forward of the grill.

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you looked at how the grill mounts? You might have an issue with it staying clipped in if it looses any rigidness.

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like an idiot, I will do it myself. Plans are to make the front of the light bar flush with the front of the grill, or atleast make the top of the light bar flush with the top of the opening in the grill. I don't want it to protrude forward of the grill.

If you have the tools, workspace, and some idea of what you're doing, by all means do it yourself! If I could, I would do it myself as well. I'm very intrigued as to what you can come up with, as I may end up doing the same thing. Please keep us posted. I'd like to do this mod (or similar) as soon as I find the right mounting solution!

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For anyone following this.... My friend used his time, creativity, and incredible fabrication skills and made this possible. I was able to mount two Rigid Industries Dually D2 Spot Lights using completely custom brackets that I couldn't even begin to explain to anyone. The end result is even better than anything I could have imagined. 2600 lumens between the two lights.

Attachments

• photo_1.jpg
    photo_1.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 132
  • photo_3.jpg
    photo_3.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 141
  • photo_4.jpg
    photo_4.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 122

Latest posts

Forum statistics