L/R Disco Power steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maxthehorse

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum. I have a 1997 L/R Disco TD5 which I've owned for 11 years, so it's showing it's age. The power steering system is leaking and a friend suggested I try using some sealant to repair it. The instructions are to add 5% by volume. Does anyone out there know what the volume of the power steering reservoir is so I can calculate how much to use? I hope I've posted this correctly, I'm sure someone will tell me if I've got it wrong. Cheers, MTH

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum... my question is, is it the steering box leaking or the hoses? The hoses are normal since Rover put cheap clamps that don't hold. You can replace the hoses and clamps cheap. If the steering box is leaking you can rebuild it fairly cheap as well.

dishsoap1

Reaction score
Or do as I do and just add some fluid now and then. Hey wait, thats what I do for all my fluids. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635