Just picked up my new '13 Corris Gray HSE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryano

Reaction score
at some point Ill get this new beast on some off road trails but for now she is going to be a daily driver while she is clean :hello:

Also surprisingly i averaged 21.5 MPG on the ride back from Charlotte :eek:

For now the weekend duty and off road adventures will be for my former daily for the last 14 months ( i dont know what i was thinking either) a 1974' FJ40

Attachments

• photo (2) copy 7.JPG
    photo (2) copy 7.JPG
    1,010.9 KB · Views: 27

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
at some point Ill get this new beast on some off road trails but for now she is going to be a daily driver while she is clean :hello:

Also surprisingly i averaged 21.5 MPG on the ride back from Charlotte :eek:

For now the weekend duty and off road adventures will be for my former daily for the last 14 months ( i dont know what i was thinking either) a 1974' FJ40
I took my new 2013 off road for the first time last Saturday:

http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24462

I know what you mean about keeping it as a daily driver while clean, as it did make me cringe a little bit when I drove it through my first mud puddle or had the branches scraping on my roof rack. Yikes. Now that it's done, I feel better. :)

Looking forward to seeing more photos of your new LR4.

-David

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my new 2013 off road for the first time last Saturday:

http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24462

I know what you mean about keeping it as a daily driver while clean, as it did make me cringe a little bit when I drove it through my first mud puddle or had the branches scraping on my roof rack. Yikes. Now that it's done, I feel better. :)

Looking forward to seeing more photos of your new LR4.

-David

Hi David, off-topic question. The heavy duty pkg gives a full-size spare. With the black pkg, what kind of wheel is it? Is it black? Just curious. Thx

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi David, off-topic question. The heavy duty pkg gives a full-size spare. With the black pkg, what kind of wheel is it? Is it black? Just curious. Thx
Hey Quijote,

I actually took a look under there the day I got my LR4! :) Surprisingly, the wheel is black - the exact same wheel as the others. It's nice to have a spare rim that is the same as the other 4 wheels.

-David

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I love the FJ40. As a kid I spent a few years in northern Africa and a friend of my parents would take me with him on desert trips as well as sand dunes driving... His was olive or something like that. So much fun!!!!

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Quijote,

I actually took a look under there the day I got my LR4! :) Surprisingly, the wheel is black - the exact same wheel as the others. It's nice to have a spare rim that is the same as the other 4 wheels.

-David

Wow, cool!

Thx

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Quijote,

-David

That is awesome. I've been meaning to drop mine down so I can check the air pressure and see how it operates (before needing to do it when I get a flat).

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is awesome. I've been meaning to drop mine down so I can check the air pressure and see how it operates (before needing to do it when I get a flat).
I dropped my tire a few times (mostly to remove it while off roading) and it's actually really simple.

ryano

Reaction score
I dropped my tire a few times (mostly to remove it while off roading) and it's actually really simple.

I need to do this as well to install the wiring for the Tow receiver... i havent looked but assue its pretty self explanatory.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635