Is it just me??? Aftermarket Navi....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After $900 and over 5 hours, I am finally finished! I went with the Kenwood LZ702W - A200 fm modulator - G510 Navi...I think those are the right names...but I may be off.

Anyway after all that time and money, it is difficult to see the screen during the day, due to the angle. Is anyone else have this trouble and what can I do to fix it?

I used the write up from a Disco forum in the UK.

I recently had the truck tinted and had a strip across the top and it helped a little but still a pain to view during the day.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did the same install (except i went with a v500 receiver)...Initially I had some glare, but I cut more of the pocket out and got a few more degrees of tilt. It was originally slightly less than the angle of the vents, now its slightly steeper. It made a significant difference for me. I think glare would also depend a lot on your seat position and height so YMMV. I think I could still take out a bit more bit thats a piece you really dont want to mess up. I think its a molded part of the entire dash upper. (sorry I dont have any pics handy).

I am sure it took me atleast 5 hours and about $900 too, but glad I did it (and not contracted it out). I find it a bit like puzzle solving gratification. I was a bit disappointed with the garmin g510 (compared to my 4 year old garmin quest). The must hit accept screen, where the quest has a ~10 sec time out. The quest also has a bunch of "press and hold" type short cuts that I really miss too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635