injector cleaners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anyone ever used and injector cleaning products...

should they be used and if so which is the best for a 2005 LR3..

thanks

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about gas tank additive products? Chevron Techron is a good one (polyether amine vs. poly iso butylene technology is what you want). Are you having problems, or just want to do preventative maintenance?

gmoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes a gas additive...no problems just preventative maintenance even though the injectors are ticking a little bit the dealer says that is pretty normal....

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use Chevron Techron concentrate cleaner in my LR3 and MB C230 with no problems. I always try to find Chevron or Texaco gas as both have Techron. BP now has "invorgrate" additive and Shell is using a "nitrogen enriched." I have used these two but its mostly marketing hogwash.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Techtron, as mentioned is a good product, if you really want to clean the injectors and decarbon the engine, the Best, and one of the oldest is a product made by B&G call 44K which although is a little expensive at $22 a can, will do miracles for how your engine runs.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am reasonably sure BG44k is a Chevron product - but technically not Techron, which is Chevron's name for their own branded product. Beyond that, it's all marketing. And yes, it's good stuff. However, Chevron keeps their best/latest technology for themselves and releases earlier products to the aftermarket...if that tells you anything.

If you really had a problem you'd want to use a fuel injector cleaning machine that hooks straight up to the fuel rail and pumps a higher concentrate through.

Last edited:

dragan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,what is the best periodic interval to use additive like BG 44K.My car (LR3) have 50 000 mile .Is safe to use those product on LR
Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo