Indie LR tech / south shore Massachusetts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bostonian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good LR repair shop south of Boston?

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not found one either. Our LR3 had the free 50K maintenance plan and Land Rover Hanover was a pleasure to work with. But of course their dealer pricing is nuts.

I can tell you where NOT to go...Bennett's in Duxbury. I had them do new brakes and it was a disaster. Apparently you need to put the parking brake in service mode which they did not know. So the parking brake shoes were engaged when my wife picked it up, destroying the parking brake shoes with lots of smoke & screeching. Worse yet they torqued the lug nuts way too tight. And after 10K miles the non-OEM rotors are warping. Next time I will order OEM parts from Atlantic British and find a qualified installer.

Maybe I will try Overlander in South Boston. Someone said that they do good work at reasonable prices.

Bostonian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Paul. I will keep Bennett's off of the list. I want to also avoid LR Hanover if I can help it but just may end up there. If nobody else reading this has a specific suggestion, is there another forum they can suggest where I can ask the same question?

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I take my LR3 to the dealer I bought it from in NH. Bedford Land Rover in Bedford, NH. They do great work, are very fair, and I trust their work. However, it's not the South Shore or even North Shore but is about 30 minutes North of Boston.
For general repair and maintenance I also recommend Spark's Automotive Car Care on Lebanon St. in Melrose, MA. I do not recommend the Land Rover dealership on RTE 1 in Danvers/Peabody.

Bostonian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anybody else vouch for Overlander of South Boston's skills/work product/prices?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635