How many pounds an hour are the fuel injectors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a 95 D1 I was planning on also changing the single spray pattern injectors to 4 hole spray pattern injectors. Already did this swap to a 87 325is BMW of 2.5 litre and it idles smoother plus increased performance and fuel mileage with cleaner smog test readings.

I know the 3.9, 4.0 (stupid as same bore & ****** fooled the public) plus the 4.6 litre all use the same size in pounds per hour injectors. I have not a clue what they are in Rovers. All my manuals are in storage and not handy at the moment. At Pick N Pull the Ford 302 ** engines have 4 hole 19# injectors. With a collecton of extras for two engines I can flush and flow check for a balanced spray volume set as well a spray pattern.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice price there Tom... thanks for the link.

Baylink

Reaction score
Is that Summit set a drop-in replacement, or do you have to recalibrate stuff when you switch to them?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
drop in, same part i linked too but cheaper

antichrist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a set of these last Wednesday. Took me about an hour or so. Runs a lot nicer now.

I ended up getting them here:
http://www.streetsideauto.com/products2.asp?brand=BDXX&partnumber=M-9593-C302

Summit has a store in Georgia, so with shipping and tax it would have been $245. Streetside was free shipping. I'd never heard of them so I called to check stock and when they'd ship and they also gave me a $25 off code to use online so they were only $194. They were easy to deal with and I had them in hand in 2 days.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Tom, how was it running prior to the install and what was the improvements?

antichrist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Running rough and low power. The power improvement isn't fantastic as the engine is generally worn with 260k on it, but it's noticeable.

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure I'd fool around with used when new are so cheap.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FMS-M-9593-C302

Those 19# injectors are too small, Rovers stock older single squirt Lucas design flow 24#.
The later design disc 4 hole Bosch units of 24# give a finer mist allowing for better combustion, cleaner exhaust number readings, better bang with a smoother idle and a faster throttle response. Technology of injectors has improved a vast amount over the past 12 plus years. There must be a reason why Bosch and other manufactures switched from single squirt to disc 4 hole injectors. This one change alone woke up the BMW engine with nothing else changed a rather tightly controlled test. Same with the Rover. Purchasing new injectors can have up to a 10% difference in flow, this within manufactured standards. A good injector cleaning service will get your injectors down to 3% balance. Racing motors 1% maximum flow balance difference down to zero % flow balance difference, this you will pay extra for. With .4% balance difference and no cost of the injectors out of pocket for me it's a win win. Just the time spent building the PWM and Hz injector driver plus the pressure chamber. A fun project that will be used on future FI motors.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo