How A S.F. Rover Dealer Screws You!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased a 95 Disco 5-speed from a doctor who was meticulous, any time the D1 went in for a problem it was serviced like oil change tire rotate, on and on. He was planning on keeping it after the 60K / 5 year lease but had to sell due the wifes extra vehicle purchase, valet parking for two not three vehicles. Dealer did the 60K major service at 62.3K plus what doctor wanted, new discs, pads and Michelin's. Three days later i'm the new owner with all major work done. Looking under the vehicle next day brake bleeders as well clutch ***** have dirt and underseal from the factory, ask dealer how they flush brakes and clutch and they hang up the phone on me. Call back and almost get a F U reply. Send photos and maintenance history to RNA with my results, they were very intrested about this dealer as the owner spent alot of money for service not preformed. Move up to 4-06 from 1-2000. ABS going off, pedal pulse at random three times a week with loose wheel bearings. Removed hub cap and found lock washer bent over the adjusting nut and not the jam nut, torque to loosen jam nut required fingers. ***! Other side front the release torque was 6 pounds torque and the lock washer was used before like the other side but was flat and never bent over. In the rear one side just detectable bearing clearance, other side the bearing was over tightened and bearings brown from overheating. Axles both ends, transmission and transfer case drain and refilled, another lie as work not preformed but billed to the customer. I must not be the only vehicle that has false maintenance records from this Rover Dealer; BRITISH MOTOR CAR DIST
901 Van Ness Ave.
San Francisco Calif. 94109

As a licensed aircraft and powerplant mechanic I trust no one and as you can see this dealer is into the buck not your safety or vehicle long life.
If they maintained them properly they would loose in new vehicle sales.
Just a heads up on what goes on if your not mechainical and just hand out the money, a dealers best customer.

N

NHESS81

first problem....taking it to a dealer....second problem....its san francisco....lol j/k on those....that is wrong, but i mean, honestly, i would be that this happens more than you want to believe...especially if the person bringing the car in has no idea how to fix anything themselves...i always keep a mental note of the condition of parts that are to be replaced so that if i see the same one, no go on the job there buddies....hope your 95 will forgive you and not get angry and start actin up because it wasnt shown any rover love!

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After installing a 4.6, rebuilding 5-speed and transfer box, seals at both axles, and rebuild the steering box. Tomorrow a ABS sensor then only thing to do is replace 3 of 5 broken door lock springs then have a fully functioning vehicle without oil leaks. All the above done myself since becoming second owner, no stealer hammer mechanics on this limey box. Don't get me started on extended warranty stealer vehicle damage.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo