high idel...please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lyndaOC

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! My first thread...
I think i may be in a dilemma. I just bought a 97 range rover hse 4.0. great looking car, runs great. I recently an oil change a couple weeks ago. haven't gotten it tuned up. Will do next oil change.

I just took it to vegas coming from orange county (270miles) last weekend, it drove smooth. However, now for some reason, the idle has been running gradually higher and higher. When the RR is started up cold, it idles a high 1500-2000 until it is warmed up and slowly tapers off to about 1200. When actually warmed up and running and letting it idle it goes down to 1000 and stays there. When i first start it i noticed it that high and give a little gas, it acts like its choking, almost wanting to shut down and then goes slowly idles down.

I am very concerned. Please advise!!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
do you have a CEL? if so have the codes checked.... if not, clean the MAF sensor and check the fuel pressure... high hdle can be a fuel problem.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635