High Country Off Road Fuel Tank Skid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sushisean

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the High Country Off Road LR3 Fuel Tank Skid tonight on the LR3. It goes along with the RS Sliders, Mantec Sump Guard, and Rasta 4x4 Center Diff guard. Posted all the pics and posts on the blog.

I think I'm going to hack part of it off to increase my break-over angle which was DRAMATICALLY reduced with this. The piece I'd remove appears to be just for the High Country transfer case guard which I do not own.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. Bummer about all the stuff hanging down there. Do you have a lift kit? That would add a couple inches at least.

Trynian

Reaction score
Sorry to not be to impressed by it. Did you request one that works with RS sliders? Looks like it has a section that is right up on the slider.

Looks like you went a little over **** after your tank bashing John Bull run.

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure I understand what you plan to cut off. Is it that peice that is bent up, looks to be about an inch?

J.D.

sushisean

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The skid meets up with the slider the same way it would without the slider, which is to have it standing off the fuel tank and frame by about an inch. The part I would cut off is the part you see hanging low on the skid. If I cut this off, I will have lost almost nothing in clearance since as you can see in the photo the main part of the skid is flush with the transfer case plate I have.

slider.jpg

Last edited:

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same skid plate and mine doesn't hang down like that. Again, are you sure
they cut that one to fit with the RS sliders?

Last edited:

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, duplicate post.

Last edited:

sushisean

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, duplicate post.

Can you show a pic undernearth from the passenger side? Mine looks like the pic on the hi country site, except for that part hanging down. I specified my equipment and this is what they sent...

Here's a pic from their site of how it should look, you can see it stands off the frame.
fuel%20skid%20-%202.JPG

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, your right mine does the same as the pic above. But isn't that piece hanging
down on yours more torwards the driver's side of the skid?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo