Heated Windshields

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are definitely appreciating the Climate Comfort Package these days, even in sunny El Paso. A couple of questions:
The owner's handbook says "the screen heaters will operate for a predetermined timed period before being switched off." Anyone know how long that predetermined period is?
"The screen heaters will be automatically switched on...if the external air temperature is low." Anyone know how low?

Last edited:

elrocko

Reaction score
Mine seem to come on automatically whenever there's a little snowflake logo in the dash near the ambient temperature. I believe that is below 40 degrees. Others may have a more precise answer.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine seem to come on automatically whenever there's a little snowflake logo in the dash near the ambient temperature. I believe that is below 40 degrees. Others may have a more precise answer.

I always wondered what triggered the snowflake symbol. A lot of times it'll be on even when the temp is above freezing. I'm always driving when I see it and try to remind myself to look it up in the manual but always forget. Makes sense that it would serve as notification of the heated windshield being on.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, 39 and lower for the snowflake. I think the w/s heater stays on for about 10-12 minutes give or take. I like the auto on for the front and rear defroster, that's a nice extra that the LR3 didn't have.

andyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if only the LR4 had a remote start button. When I researched in getting my LR4 I thought the climate package had the remote start option.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a remote start in Topix. Thought it was for LR4. I had the feeling it was illegal here like the parking heater on my Touareg was. Would love to do a retrofit on the LR4 as well if possible.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635