Four wheel steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrtoo1

Reaction score
I just picked up a 2000 Disco at the local auction for $650, it was in very good condition it starts right up and idles smooth. The issue it has that concerns me is the steering. I'm not sure her are familiar with the Honda prelude from the 90's that had four wheel steering, but it feels exactly that when I turn. I got under looked at all the bushings and they seemed intact and not broken, My guess is it may be the tires. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Being a 2000 D2, I would start by checking tires, then my check list would include front driveshaft (if original with no grease fittings fix before you have to replace the transmission). Change all the fluids, check the brakes, Replace shocks as needed, springs may need replace if it has been off roaded a lot.

The bushings in the Panhard rod are probably suspect as well.

mrtoo1

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I was thinking tires also, I'm also pretty sure the bushings probably need replacing, I was hopeing I could hold off until I upgrade the suspension in a couple of months. I looked under there and couldn't see any visible sign of a bad bushing but that doesn't mean one or multiple aren't bad. All the cv boots look relatively new as well. Ill check the panhard rod really well. Thanks for the info and steering me in the right direction.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635