Error Code Readers for an '05 LR3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't need a high end diagnostic tool, but I just saw an ad come up for a code reader that was $19, plugs into your vehicle and then connects to your smart phone. When I clicked on the link I saw there were a few products like this for as low as $12 that read OBD2 OBD II.

I would have bought this just to try it out, but it said, "works for any auto 2006 or later." And my truck is an '05.

Has anyone found versions of these that work for the LR3? Is is worth the $12? Be nice to get a dummy check before bringing it into the garage just to get an error code read.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get an IIDTool and you won't be sorry. A $19 plug-in is not worth much; not on a complex machine like the LR3. It will likely only give you the generic codes standard per OBDII.

So many of us in this user-community have the GAP Tool and you will not find ONE person that says a negative thing about it or questions its value. It's that good.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112