Electronic Parking Break Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Can Someone give me a quick answer as to the immediate need to take my 2006 LR3 HSE into the shop due to the warning light flashing? The yellow is constant and the red is flashing. This occured as I accdentally set the break as I was washing the interior. The breaks all work and the parking break is disengaged but will not work. Any advice is appreciated.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the fault come back on after "re-booting" the LR3? If not, you can probably just take it in at your first convenience just don't use the parking brake.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well there are ways to really re-boot and clear faults. I was simply referring to turning the car off until everything shuts down, then re-starting it. I guess my real question is whether or not the fault/condition persists after the car has been cycled on and off.

Reaction score
Rebooting

The problem persists as the woring indicators still flash even after I restart. The Brake has released but by trying to engage it will not. I can still drive it.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'd say just get it into the shop as soon as you can and try not to drive it unless you have to. Clearly it needs to be resolved. Any instance I've had of the "EPB Howl" went away when I cycled power and happened intermittently and randomly. Even then I took it in and got it fixed. The first time, actually, I didn't take it in for a month or two. I wanted to problem to be more easy to replicate for the service guys. I wound up taking a flip video clip of an instance of it. I also wanted the EPB actuator to be fully dead and not just in need of adjustment. I was under extended warranty...

...but others have not been as lucky in that their EPBs have gotten stuck, so I wouldn' t necessarily recommend the approach I took.

Vizmobile

Reaction score
Hello, I have an 2006 LR3 SE. My yellow parking break warning light has been blinking while red is always lit. I've had it at the dealer and they said they needed to do a full diagnostic search of the electronic system as they could not find the source (I declined as my bill was already at $350). I took it to a Land Rover/Jag repair shop and was told (for FREE) that my "parking break module" needed to be replaced (cost is several thousands of dollars). In the meantime, the faulty parking break module is sending flickers to my transmission fault and I have that light going on and off now. Any idea how much a parking break module should cost to replace? Anyone heard of this?
Thanks,
Karen

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge